Blog Crush: Cocorrina

19 June 2014

What's up guys? I'm back with a new post for Blog Crush series! But, this time I decided to change its concept a little bit. So...rather than only talking about my favourite blogs in general, I want to focus more on design aspect. I hope later this series can be developed into some great resouce for blog design inspiration.

Blog Crush: Cocorrina | yuniquelysweet.blogspot.com

What and Who?

Today on this renewed series I have Cocorrina blog, run by Corina - a talented graphic designer from Greece who is also an amazing jewelry designer. She specializes in business branding, packaging, and the likes. On her blog, she loves to share all inspiring things from design, to her work, fashion and life.

Why the crush?

Actually Corina just changed her blog design a couple weeks ago which I fell for at the first sight. I guess, you guys have seen loads of blog design with simplicty concept, black/white, handwriting on header, or bordered sidebar (as you can see on mine). But, honestly, I think Corina did manage to make hers standout. That is what I love about it.

She succeed to bring everything from her daily life to the design. Such as palm trees + blue colour that represent the island she lived in. The black + white that you often find in her outfit. Or the use of handwritten font that shows off her skill. I love when a designer could inject the blogger's personality into the blog. It's a really win. So, kudos to Corina for the achievement!

Blog Crush: Cocorrina | yuniquelysweet.blogspot.com

I also like the way she used clickable dropdown to display some links on sidebar: the about page, topics, and her favourite blogs. That way, she could  keep the sidebar away from cluttering. Okay, still on sidebar, did you notice that all her sponsor banners are in one colour matching to the blog's palette? It looks as if they were part of the design. That is a brilliant idea! I might steal it for the future project someday. Haha

It's impossible not to mention Corina's killer graphics for her blogposts as one of many reasons I love the blog. Those graphics really added a bonus point for the entire blog. And makes the whole experience of browsing around it more eye-pleasing for her readers.

The Hottest Point

Can I just say that the whole design is really hot? No? Okay. Hmmm...I absolutely love the header + menu bar. For me, they're the hottest stuff on this blog. Let's take a look at the header first. I adore how the rather big palm trees just sit up there prettily without overwhelming the mood. Actually, it's blending so well with the clean + minimalist look of the blog. Also, I'm totally digging the unique handwriting for the logo. Isn't it gorgeous?

I think using two types of navigation bar is so clever. If you go to her blog, first thing you'll find is the header + menu together like usual. But then as you scroll down, the header + menu bar will change to the sticky navbar. Awesome trick! I seriously need to learn how to do that.

Blog Crush: Cocorrina | yuniquelysweet.blogspot.com

Connect with the Blogger

Check her out and be friend: blog - jewelry shop - instagram - twitter - facebook.

So guys, what's your thought on Corina's blog design? Got a crush on it as well?

15 comments:

  1. Aw Juni!! This is the sweetest post i have ever read. Thank you so much. I just went with things that i liked, and some of them really didn't even realise how much they represented me until i read your post. Thank you girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just an honest opinion from me about your pretty blog. Glad that you liked it, though. :) Oh really? Then I guess I did a good job on observing it. Haha. Anyway, thanks for stopping by, Corina! That meant so much. :)

      Delete
  2. so much crush omg she inspired me a lot in my blog design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I wasn't alone on this! She's just inspiring, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  3. You're the sweetest Yuni! Corina is pretty amazing! I've been loving her new design. It's definitely different from a lot of the redesigns I've seen lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeee! Thanks, Angel! :) And I know right? Hers is just unique!

      Delete
  4. What a great post and an awesome idea for a blog series Yuni! I love Corina´s blog, she is so talented and you can see that at first sight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Maru. This makes me excited for the next post of this series! Yes, Corina is just amazing. Glad I found her blog. :)

      Delete
  5. Damn. As a designer myself, this girl is fabulous. I'm gonna have to check her out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you definitely should check her out!

      Delete
  6. I definitely have a crush on Cocorrina. :) She's my bestie and I definitely agree -- her new design is flawless! I really enjoyed this post of yours, Yuni, such a neat concept and I can't wait to see your future crushes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah...I envy you two. I wish I could get creative people to be my bestie too. You know, for support and such. Well, thank you so much for stopping by and supporting this series. I, myself, am looking forward to the next post already! Haha :)

      Delete
  7. I totally agree with you- Corina and her blog are awesome! I'm loving this feature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know right? Thank you, Nnena! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm crushing right along with you :-) Corina has SUCH an amazing eye - I'm inspired every time I visit her gorgeous blog!

    ReplyDelete