Blog Crush: Mrs. Lilien

/
Blog Crush: Mrs. Lilien - yuniquelysweet.blogspot.com


What and Who?

Once again another blog of a graphic designer has caught my heart. The said designer is Kelley Lilien, a creative director + an author of Mrs.Lilien's Cocktail Swatchbook. And the blog is called Mrs.Lilien. It is a lifestyle blog dedicated to good life in a modern ladylike style.

Why the crush?

I have to say that it was another love at first sight. I was totally mesmerized by its unique design and its colour choice when I first landed on this blog. The header area is a definite attention grabber. Oh, that asymmetrical navigation bar is my favourite thing ever! We all agreed that creating a good first impression is so important for anything, including blogs. I'm sure this blog has no problem with that. Once you set your eyes on it, it will make you want to stay and see what it has to offer. Or even just to enjoy the rest of the look of this blog or those fun magazine-like images that decorate every single post.

I know bright and vibrant colours are not for everyone, especially in this black/white and pastel trend. I myself usually prefer those black/white types. But, this blog deserves an appreciation. I actually really like the boldness of the design. And how Kelley created lots of white space to balance it and make a room to breathe, so the blog doesn't look heavy. Also, I like that despite the retro theme, you can still catch a hint of modern feel in overall design. All of it makes this blog interesting and different from the crowd. 

Blog Crush: Mrs. Lilien - yuniquelysweet.blogspot.com

Being an arbiter of the elusive ladylike pleasure, Kelley added some decorative elements, such as bling-bling thingy, red lips, fancy spectacles, and delicate hand, to emphasize the ladylikeness. Make the blog look more fun, fun, fun! Beside that, channeling a secret message through your blog design to make people aware what you're all about is a very plus point. ;)

To most of graphic designers, blog is a part of portfolio. That is why it's important to sneak their styles into their blogs. So their visitors, who might become potential clients, can know if they're a good match without even looking at their actual portfolios. Kelley has successfully injected her own style into Mrs.Lilien. Her blog reflects exactly what kind of work she usually does: playful design with cheerful colours.

The Hottest Point

You know those hip cafes that throw random furniture together here and there, yet somehow everything looks good together and makes sense? That's how I feel about Mrs.Lilien blog. Every widget, every detail has its own design, different from one another (while normally blog layout is designed in pattern). But if you look at them as whole, they work and are very nicely put together. This, in my opinion, is the hottest thing of this blog design. Period.

Blog Crush: Mrs. Lilien - yuniquelysweet.blogspot.com

Connect with the Blogger

Check her out and be friends: blog - portfolio - twitter - facebook - pinterest - google plus - instagram.

So...that is my blog crush of the month. What do you think of it? Did you find its plus point like I did? Or it's just not your type? Tell me, tell me!

6 comments:

  1. So nice to see a unique and colourful blog design. I agree - that nav bar is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's refreshing, isn't? Yes, I know right?!

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've seen that cocktail swatchbook at a store recently! I love how bold her style is - what a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book looks like a fun book. It would come in handy for those who like drinks. Yes, it's a very fun blog. :)

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful designs and colors! Thanks for sharing her work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful, indeed! Thanks for stopping by, Tana! :)

      Delete

Search This Blog

All right reserved © Yuniquely Sweet

Archive