Blog Crush: Salted Ink

/
Blog Crush: Salted Ink - yuniquelysweet.blogspot.com

What and Who?

This time we have Salted Ink - a design studio based in North Carolina. Sara is the main woman behind it. She is specializing in graphic, print, and web design. You have likely seen her work on Pinterest already because they're scattered all over there. I've been wanting to share this for so long since day one Sara presented her then brand new website back in July last year (!). It might not be the hippest web design on the net, but it sure has its won charm that knocked my socks off.

Why the Crush?

Well, it is very refreshing to see Sara's website/blog around the blogosphere. Its sleek design inspired by mid-century style makes the experience of browsing around her blog really pleasant. White space on this blog is spot on. It creates clean and crisp look. And how fun that gradient background is? It's pretty, too. Sara used subtle colours such as mint and cream that bring coastal vibe (a part of her main inspiration, btw) to her blog. Then, by adding over-layered elements here and there (which I think is a nice touch), she made her site look fun without cluttering it so much. Smart!

Now can we please talk about the typography? I specially want to talk about the font Sara used for body copy (ex: text in blogposts). Sweet Sans Medium is the font, a clean sans serif which is apparently popular in stationery world. This is actually the first time I've come across this font, and I really like it. It's easy-on-eye even in small size like Sara applied for her blog, and also very modern-looking.

Blog Crush: Salted Ink - yuniquelysweet.blogspot.com


The Hottest Point

I'm not going to rave so much about it since everything I am going to point out here is very obvious - you cannot miss. First, the unique angled cut of each side her layout. Cool, right? Second, how she displayed her menu bar. It's unusual from the usual horizontal bar we've all seen around. Ah, so much inspiration found in one little blog! Well, now you can see why I love this design.

Connect With the Blogger

Do you know that Sara is currently expecting a baby? Go and say hi to her: blog // facebook // twitter // instagram // pinterest.

Now your turn, what do you think of Sara's blog? Have you ever heard about her?

ps. Check out this fun playful blog that will sweep you off your feet!

14 comments:

  1. I love this blog too! The design is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh count me in on this crush!! I've seen her work around on Pinterest and it's always super lovely, so it's no wonder her blog is spectacular as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo-hoo, so happy to hear that you are with me on this. Sara is amazeballs! That's why she's kind of popular on Pinterest!

      Delete
  3. I feel like I've seen her logo before, which I love, but I can't remember visiting her blog before! Thank you so much for sharing :) I love all of her "brand launch" posts so much! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey, I think you probably have seen it on Pinterest. Because her logo is everywhere there. That's how I got to find her. Yeah, her work is so well-done, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. mbaa yuun, aku baru masukin yuniquely sweet ke links loved nya SLS :D
    biar makin banyak blogger lokal yang tau, hihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waahh, yang benar? Asik, asik. :D Terima kasih banyak lho sudah dipromosikan!

      Delete
  5. Love your blog Yuni! So inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Winny! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't read this blog yet, but wow it sure is beautiful! I love her layout and design :)


    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, if you're into brand and design, you should totally check it out. Well, even if not, it's still entertaining to see all the beautiful things Sara created. :)

      Delete
  7. Love your blog so much! Thanks for stopping by mine, this is definitely my new weekly read! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah! Thank you! I love your blog, too. Your DIYs are AH-mazing! :)

      Delete

Search This Blog

All right reserved © Yuniquely Sweet

Archive